Executive IQ™ is an executive-level professional accelerator for investment leaders looking to advance their careers and their organizations.
Limited to select leaders, this exclusive 18-month certiﬁcation combines university-backed curricula with real-world case studies from the industry’s most prestigious consultancies and Fortune 500 companies. The program makes the industry the classroom, and every participant’s experience an essential part of the course.
Designed for tomorrow, Executive IQ helps transform experienced decision-makers into industry innovators, able to turn challenge into opportunity. Participants gain not just the tools they need to lead and grow their organizations, but the chance to build executive-level networks they can count on for life.
In Collaboration With
“MMI is uniquely positioned to enable and facilitate a program focused on addressing these challenges. Through learning and industry relationships – both longtime MMI cultural principles – we are committed to professionalism and continuous development.” – Craig Pfeiffer, President & CEO, MMI
Frequently Asked Questions
- Who Should Apply?
MMI welcomes industry professionals with a minimum of 10 years’ experience to an intense, transformative learning experience. The program is intentionally diverse and representative of multiple functions and points of view. Participants admitted to the program should have:
- Rich work experience, including managerial responsibility
- A record of high achievement and a passion to advance management practices and make a broader impact in their organizations and the industry.
- An undergraduate degree
- What is the acceptance criteria?
The Committee evaluates complete applications based on the following considerations:
- Professional work experience. A candidate needs to have a minimum of 10 years of professional work experience. It is helpful to see progression in responsibilities, which is often reflected in title change, project leadership, or management roles. This progression indicates to the Application Review Committee that the applicant is growing their skillset, recognized within their organization for their contributions and leadership skills, and has the ability to continue growing into more senior roles.
- Managerial experience (of people, assets or resources). The Committee gives preference to candidates who have at least seven years of progressive and significant managerial responsibilities. Managerial experience may include management of people, assets or other resources. A broad range of experiences and settings is beneficial.
- Potential to contribute significantly to the learning experiences. Beyond indicators of work experience, the Committee will look for other qualities among candidates, such as creativity, self-motivation, collaboration, agility, big-picture thinking, community/volunteer involvement and other outside interests. We believe those who possess these attributes in combination with strong work experience will contribute to, and benefit from, a more vibrant, diverse educational atmosphere.
- Motivation and commitment to complete the program. Beyond experience, the Committee is seeking applicants who will take full advantage of what is offered. Specific areas of focus will be candidate responses to personal expectations from the program, motivations for applying, how they plan to make the most of its opportunities, and how it will help achieve their goals.
- Education. The Committee will look for any professional certifications, training programs, or other education credentials that the candidate has previously undertaken. A bachelor’s degree is required.
- Will I receive a certification after completing the program?
Upon completion of the Executive IQ program, participates will be awarded a certificate of accomplishment from University of Virginia Darden School of Business. In addition, Digital badges recognizing completion of various intermediate steps will be issued recognizing and publicizing your continued professional development.
- How do I apply for this program?
To apply please submit:
The application, telling us about your experience, organization, and current responsibilities, goals, and challenges. Before submitting the online application it is strongly encouraged to preview the application to ensure that all the pertinent information is readily available. Access a pdf of the application. The application takes approximately 30 to 45 minutes to complete.
Upon submission, you will receive a letter of reference and sponsorship to pass along to your supervising manager or other leader at your organization for review and completion.
- What are the key program dates?
Start accepting applications: September 2020
Special Pioneer Pricing ends: December 31, 2020
Admission ends: February 19, 2021
Launch of the 1st cohort: March 2021
- What is the cancellation policy?
Payment is due within 30 days of the invoice date. Cancellations should be submitted in writing to ExecutiveIQ@mminst.org no more than 30 days before the program start date to receive a full refund. Due to program demand and the volume of pre-program preparation, cancellations received within 30 days of the program start date are subject to full payment of the program fee.