Executive IQ™ is an executive-level professional accelerator for investment leaders looking to advance their careers and their organizations.
This exclusive certiﬁcation combines university-backed curricula with real-world case studies from the industry’s most prestigious consultancies and Fortune 500 companies. The program makes the industry the classroom, and every participant’s experience an essential part of the course.
Designed for tomorrow, Executive IQ helps transform experienced decision-makers into industry innovators, able to turn challenge into opportunity. Participants gain not just the tools they need to lead and grow their organizations, but the chance to build executive-level networks they can count on for life.
- Limited to select senior leaders with 10-15 years of experience
- 12 month program; 3 terms
- University of Virginia Darden School of Business Certificate in Leadership
- Microsoft and PWC micro-credentials
- Online, in-person & hybrid
The Money Management Institute’s (MMI) Executive IQ program is honored to have won two 2022 gold awards of excellence from the Brandon Hall Group HCM.
Entries were evaluated by a panel of veteran, independent senior industry experts along with Brandon Hall Group analysts and executives. Five criteria were used: whether a program fit the needs, the design and delivery of the program, the adoption of the program, whether measurable benefits were achieved, and whether the leadership development program had an overall positive impact.
In Collaboration With
Frequently Asked Questions
- Who Should Apply?
MMI welcomes industry professionals with a minimum of 10 years’ experience to an intense, transformative learning experience. The program is intentionally diverse and representative of multiple functions and points of view. Participants admitted to the program should have:
- Rich work experience, including managerial responsibility
- A record of high achievement and a passion to advance management practices and make a broader impact in their organizations and the industry.
- An undergraduate degree
- What is the acceptance criteria?
The Committee evaluates complete applications based on the following considerations:
- Professional work experience. A candidate needs to have a minimum of 10 years of professional work experience. It is helpful to see progression in responsibilities, which is often reflected in title change, project leadership, or management roles. This progression indicates to the Application Review Committee that the applicant is growing their skillset, recognized within their organization for their contributions and leadership skills, and has the ability to continue growing into more senior roles.
- Managerial experience (of people, assets or resources). The Committee gives preference to candidates who have at least seven years of progressive and significant managerial responsibilities. Managerial experience may include management of people, assets or other resources. A broad range of experiences and settings is beneficial.
- Potential to contribute significantly to the learning experiences. Beyond indicators of work experience, the Committee will look for other qualities among candidates, such as creativity, self-motivation, collaboration, agility, big-picture thinking, community/volunteer involvement and other outside interests. We believe those who possess these attributes in combination with strong work experience will contribute to, and benefit from, a more vibrant, diverse educational atmosphere.
- Motivation and commitment to complete the program. Beyond experience, the Committee is seeking applicants who will take full advantage of what is offered. Specific areas of focus will be candidate responses to personal expectations from the program, motivations for applying, how they plan to make the most of its opportunities, and how it will help achieve their goals.
- Education. The Committee will look for any professional certifications, training programs, or other education credentials that the candidate has previously undertaken. A bachelor’s degree is required.
- Will I receive a certification after completing the program?
Upon successful completion of the Executive IQ program, participants will be awarded a certificate of Leadership and Management from University of Virginia Darden School of Business Foundation. In addition, Digital badges recognizing completion of various intermediate steps will be issued recognizing and publicizing your continued professional development. Upon successful completion of the Executive IQ program, participants will be awarded a certificate of Leadership and Management from University of Virginia Darden School of Business Foundation.
Additionally, Executive IQ Alumni continue to benefit from the program after graduation with dedicated programming and networking events.
- How do I apply for this program?
Follow this link and complete the form.
- What are the key program dates?
The application window for the next cohort will open October 28, 2022.
Early Commitment Pricing ends: January 31, 2023
Application window closes: mid-April 2023
Additional dates for planning purpose:
- Darden-in-Residence I; June 20-23, 2023
- Darden-in-Residence II: February 7-9. 2024
- What is the remote learning option for the two in-person sessions at University of Darden?
No travel is required to participate in any portion of the Executive IQ program. Participants will have a choice of attending the two Darden-in-Residence sessions either in-person or remotely under the hybrid teaching format. UVA Darden’s approach to virtual learning draws on decades of experience as well as new, evidence-based practices that have been tested in our current pandemic environment. Learn more.
- What is the cancellation policy?
Payment is due within 30 days of the invoice date. Cancellations should be submitted in writing to ExecutiveIQ@mminst.org no less than 30 days before the program start date to receive a full refund. Due to program demand and the volume of pre-program preparation, cancellations received within 30 days of the program start date are subject to full payment of the program fee.
Executive IQ By Money Management Institute