Internal Wholesaler/Investment Consultant
The Investment Consultant is a sales professional who performs as part of a team, including working with external sales professionals and other internal sales partners. It is the Investment Consultant’s responsibility to provide sales support to existing clients and drive sales by maintaining and strengthening relationships with clients. This position is located in Boston, MA.
- Provide sales support and service by initiating outbound phone calls to existing broker dealers - providing market updates and cross selling firm products and services.
- Follow up with clients after wholesaler visits to provide additional information, collect feedback on the meeting and inquire about additional product needs.
- Coordinate planning of meetings, seminars, and conference calls involving clients, DPC reps, and affiliate PM’s, as well as others within the organization.
- Assist financial advisors in growing their business by promoting our DPC team, producing hypothetical analysis, updating them on current marketing materials and informing them of upcoming events.
- Maintain meaningful competitive intelligence by attending meetings and trainings, engaging and forming partnerships with other internal departments and product teams, and staying abreast of news and media updates.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Series 7 & 63 licenses (or equivalent) or Series 6 and 63 (with a commitment to obtain the Series 7 upon hire) are required. Previously held series 7 and 63 licenses that are inactive will be considered, provided that all required exams are retaken and passed within three months of being hired.
- Proven experience in the financial services industry
- Minimum 1 year of experience in financial sales or wholesaling
- Excellent social skills and ability to influence others
- Proven ability to easily build and maintain relationships
- Ability and desire to learn
- Excellent time management and organization skills, with the ability to prioritize for most effective results
- Interest in financial services
- Strong presentation skills