NEW YORK, NY, September 26, 2022 – The Money Management Institute (MMI) today announced the finalists for the 2022 MMI/Barron’s Industry Awards, which recognize innovation and leadership in the investment advisory solutions industry.
“Now in their 14th year, the annual awards celebrate some of the most remarkable accomplishments in our industry and continue to grow in popularity” said Craig Pfeiffer, MMI President and CEO. “Due to the overwhelming number of submissions this year that represent truly innovative digital solutions we broadened the award categories to include both Digital Innovation by an Asset or Wealth Manager Firm and Digital Innovation by an Asset or Wealth Manager Firm.”
“We are proud to sponsor these awards with MMI,” said Jack Otter, Global Head of Wealth & Asset Management at Dow Jones, the publisher of Barron's. “They recognize accomplishments made during a demanding period of volatility and shifting investor behaviors. Congratulations to all the finalists for providing the highest quality solutions to our industry.”
Winners in the following thirteen categories will be announced on October 20 at the MMI Industry Celebration Dinner at the 2022 MMI Annual Conference.
Digital Innovation (Asset/Wealth Manager Firms): Honoring a new technological innovation (or specific enhancement to an existing platform or tool) that enhances the investor or advisor experience with investment advisory solutions.
- Bank of America Merrill Lynch - Mobile Advisor Experience (MAX)
- Northwestern Mutual - PX
Digital Innovation (Technology/Service Provider Firms): Honoring a new technological innovation (or specific enhancement to an existing platform or tool) that enhances the investor or advisor experience with investment advisory solutions.
- Advyzon - Advyzon’s Comprehensive Technology Platform and Quantum® Rebalancer
- Andes Wealth Technologies - Andes Wealth Platform for Personalized Client Experience
- Charles River Development - Tailored Portfolio Solutions
- Vestwell - Vestwell’s Managed Accounts
“Doing Good”: Honoring programs that support a deserving cause or give back to the communities we serve.
- The Financial Alliance for Racial Equity (FARE) - RECRUIT Initiatives
- Raymond James - Raymond James Cares Month 2022
- UBS - Ukraine Relief Fund through the UBS Optimus Foundation
Inclusive Programs: Honoring exemplary commitment and progress in embracing and advocating diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts in the investment advisory solutions industry.
- BNY Mellon | Pershing - Growth and Empowerment for Minority Businesses (GEM) Program and Supplier Diversity Initiatives
- Morgan Stanley Wealth Management - The Equity Collective
- Nationwide Retirement Institute - Diverse Markets Program
Sustainable & ESG Investing: Honoring programs that support awareness and adoption of Sustainable and ESG Investing.
- Bank of America Merrill Lynch Wealth Management & Private Bank - Bank of America Wealth Management Sustainable & Impact Investing Initiative
- Northern Trust Asset Management - Northern Trust Asset Management Sustainable Investing
Distribution Excellence: Honoring firms that exemplify excellence and innovation in advisor sales support both in the field and from the home office.
- Cetera Financial Group - Growth360
- Clark Capital Management Group - Brushing Off Bear Markets: Continued Growth Despite Volatility
- J.P. Morgan Asset Management - Active ETFs
- UBS - Delivering Exceptional Results in an Environment of Constraint
Thought Leadership/Education: Honoring new programs, research, educational campaigns, or content that meaningfully advance industry knowledge and understanding of topics key to the future of advisory solutions.
- BlackRock - Alternatives: Think Beyond 60/40
- Impact Communications, Inc. - NAPFA’s Marketing Playbook Trilogy powered by Impact Communications
- Morgan Stanley Wealth Management - Direct Indexing: Opportunities for Customization and Potential Tax Alpha
Disruption: Honoring a groundbreaking new product, technology or process that will fundamentally alter the future delivery of advisory solutions.
- Andes Wealth Technologies - Andes Wealth Platform, a New Way to Deliver Wealth Management
- ARTBnk - ARTBnk
- Envestnet - Envestnet - Intelligent Financial Life™
- Vint - Vint
Wealth Manager Platform of the Year: Honoring a wealth management firm whose investment advisory platform exemplifies innovation in delivering better outcomes for investors and financial advisors.
- Bank of America Merrill Lynch - Merrill Lynch Investment Advisory Program
- LPL Financial - Model Wealth Portfolios
- Morgan Stanley Wealth Management - Morgan Stanley Wealth Management - Select UMA Expansion
Asset Manager of the Year (AUM of less than $25 billion): Honoring a smaller asset manager that exemplifies innovation in delivering better outcomes for investors and financial advisors.
- Ariel Investments - Ariel Investments
- Bluerock Fund Advisor, LLC - Bluerock Total Income+ Real Estate Fund
- Domini Impact Investments, LLC - Domini Funds
- Horizon Investments - Expanding the GAIN, PROTECT and SPEND® Product Suite
Asset Manager of the Year (AUM of $25-100 billion): Honoring a mid-size asset manager that exemplifies innovation in delivering better outcomes for investors and financial advisors.
- Clark Capital Management Group - Employee-Owned Firm Stays the Course
- Envestnet | PMC - Envestnet | PMC
- Russell Investments - Tax-Managed Solutions
Asset Manager of the Year (AUM of more than $100 billion): Honoring a larger asset manager that exemplifies innovation in delivering better outcomes for investors and financial advisors.
- Blackstone - Private Wealth Solutions
- Franklin Templeton - Franklin Templeton
- John Hancock - John Hancock
Solutions Provider of the Year: Honoring a solutions provider firm (technology/service provider) that exemplifies innovation in delivering better outcomes for investors and financial advisors.
- Broadridge Financial Solutions - Broadridge Wealth Platform
- iCapital - Global Alternative Investing Infrastructure
- SMArtX Advisory Solutions - SMArtX Advisory Solutions, OMS
Nominations for the 2022 MMI/Barron’s Industry Awards were submitted in an open nomination process, and finalists were selected by a special review committee representing all segments of MMI’s membership. MMI member firms voted to determine the winners in each category.
About the Money Management Institute (MMI):
Established in 1997, the Money Management Institute (MMI) is the industry association representing financial services firms that provide financial advice and investment advisory solutions to investors. Through conferences, educational resources, and thought leadership, MMI facilitates peer-to-peer connections, fosters industry knowledge and professionalism, and supports the development of the next generation of industry leadership. MMI member firms are dedicated to helping individual and institutional investors, at every level of assets, plan for and fulfill their financial goals. For more information, visit www.MMInst.org.
Barron’s is America’s premier financial magazine, known for its market-moving stories. Published by Dow Jones since 1921, it reaches an influential audience of professional fund managers, financial advisors, affluent individual investors, financial-services professionals, and senior corporate executives. With new content available every business day in digital form and every week in print, Barron’s provides readers with an intelligible recap of recent market action coupled with insights on what’s likely to happen in the market in the days and weeks to come. In addition, the Wealth & Asset Management Group’s annual series of exclusive conferences for financial advisors and investors is dedicated to identifying, enhancing, and expanding best practices in wealth management. As a result of these initiatives, Barron’s is the trusted financial-publishing brand that people active in the market turn to for information, ideas, and insights they can use to increase their professional success and enhance their personal, financial well-being.
Kelly Caporale, Money Management Institute, email@example.com, (646) 868-8514