POSITION: Event and Programming Associate
LOCATION: Money Management Institute (MMI) Offices in New York City (midtown); Currently remote
INDUSTRY: Financial Services, Investment Management
TYPE: Full-time associate position with full benefits
Established in 1997, the Money Management Institute (MMI) is the industry association representing financial services firms that provide financial advice and investment advisory solutions to investors. MMI is driven by our promise of increasing connections, knowledge, and growth for our members. We are dedicated to fostering professional relationships, sharing experiences, and expanding the industry’s influence through advocacy and education. MMI offers premier professional development programs, specialized curriculums, and facilitates peer-to-peer connections through our communities and conferences. As part of our longstanding commitment to diversity and inclusion, the Gateway Foundation provides clear pathways to entry and career advancement in the financial services industry for historically excluded and underrepresented groups. MMI member firms include wealth manager, asset manager and solutions provider firms of all sizes and professionals representing all functional areas.
The Event and Programming Associate position is an opportunity to put your event management, project management, and communications skills to work in a dynamic environment. This position will support the association’s robust calendar of conferences and events (in-person, virtual, and hybrid). The position will also support other types of programming, including the delivery of thought leadership content in various formats.
As a key member of MMI’s Events and Programming team, this position will report directly to the Chief Programming Officer and will interact closely with the Director of Events and Partner Services, MMI’s senior MMI management team and associates, various event stakeholders, and MMI member firms.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter who works effectively, both independently and as part of a team, in a fast paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Assist with all aspects of event planning and execution
- Coordinate set-up of key event technology tools, including ON24 platform and event mobile apps
- Maintain event agendas, create session slides, and manage speaker communications
- Support development, execution, and delivery of content thought leadership through various digital channels
- Respond to member inquiries and support requests
- Positive, energetic attitude and high degree of personal initiative and accountability
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative, cross-departmental environment
- Outstanding organizational and project management skills
- Strong attention to detail and ability to multi-task
- Excellent Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel skills
- Tech-savvy and able to quickly learn new technology tools
- Ability to travel on a limited basis to major events (2-3 times per year)
PREFFERED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, finance, business management or related field of study
- 1-2 years’ experience in an event planning or marketing/communications role preferred
- Financial services industry experience a plus
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS PACKAGE:
- Compensation package consists of a base salary plus bonus award
- Compensation will be commensurate with experience, skill set, and capabilities
- Full benefits package
- Paid vacation & holidays
For further inquiries on this position and to submit a resume, please contact email@example.com.
It is the policy of the Money Management Institute to provide for and promote equal employment opportunity in employment compensation and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination based on age, race, creed, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, Veteran status, genetic predisposition, or carrier status.