MMI announced the election of its new Officers and Executive Committee Members for 2020‐2021, as well as five additions to its Board of Governors, with all changes effective May 1.
Marilee Ferone, Executive Vice President, Head of Strategic Partnerships at Advisors Asset Management, was named Chair of the MMI Board of Governors for the coming year. Troy Thornton, Managing Director, Head of U.S. Retail Distribution at Goldman Sachs, was named Chair‐Elect; Keith Glenfield, Managing Director, Head of Investment Products at Bank of America, was named Treasurer; and Eric Koestner, Principal, Packaged Products, Edward Jones, was named Secretary. Jennifer Abate, Managing Director at Lazard Asset Management, who just completed her one‐year term as Chair, was named Chair Emeritus.
In addition to the five newly named officers, the other members of the MMI Executive Committee for 2020‐ 2021 are:
- Steve DeAngelis, Senior Managing Director, Head of Distribution, FS Investments
- Jim Devaney, U.S. Head of Distribution, PGIM Investments
- Jeff Dowdle, Chief Operating Officer, Raymond James Financial
- Cheryl Nash, CEO, Tegra118
- Anne Steer, Head of Distribution, Congress Asset Management
- Jake Tuzza, Managing Director, Head of Intermediary Distribution, Voya Investment Management
- Craig Pfeiffer, President and CEO, Money Management Institute
Five new firms have been added to the MMI Board as part of a Board rotation policy that gives more member firms the opportunity to join the leadership group over time. The five new firms and their Board representatives are:
- Macquarie Asset Management, Brett Wright, Head of Client Solutions Group Americas
- Northern Trust Asset Management, Melinda Mecca, Director, Investment Solutions
- T. Rowe Price, Tom Morelli, Head of U.S. Wealth Management Distribution, Intermediaries
- Russell Investments (A representative to be named)
- Vestmark, John Lunny, CEO
Read the full press release for more information.