Senior Accountant (Hybrid)
We are currently looking for a dynamic Senior Staff Accountant to join the Hartford Funds accounting team. This individual will play a key role in contributing to the daily activities of the accounting department and assist in driving impactful change throughout our team. This role offers an opportunity to join a collaborative and supportive team and enhance professional skills.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting for both internal and external recipients.
- Assist in the month end close process, prepare and post journal entries and calculate accruals.
- Prepare and maintain balance sheet reconciliations.
- Create, maintain and present financial and operational results to various levels of management across the organization.
- Perform variance analysis on balance sheet and income statement accounts, research, and correct discrepancies, as necessary.
- Identify opportunities for process improvements within the accounting function and actively participate in implementing changes to enhance efficiency and accuracy.
- Develop and cultivate relationships across various functions and business partners to both convey and obtain information relating to the business.
- Provide support for the annual audit of financial statements while working closely with external auditors.
- Create and maintain existing documentation of control procedures performed by the accounting department.
- Perform ad-hoc research and financial analysis for management.
- Four-year degree in accounting required.
- Must have a minimum of 5 to 7 years progressive accounting experience.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills with the ability to manage and prioritize multiple responsibilities.
- Strong entity accounting knowledge (general ledger, balance sheet, income statement components).
- Proficient in analyzing and managing large data sets.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. The ability to articulate financial results to all levels of management in a professional manner.
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills required (V-lookups, Pivot Tables, etc.) as well as the ability to obtain new software knowledge as required for the position.
- Results oriented, accountable, motivated and flexible.
- Basic understanding of the finance industry and Mutual Funds (preferred).
- Ability to work in a fast paced, deadline driven, multi-tasking environment.
- Previous working knowledge with an ERP system.
- Capable of operating individually and within a team environment.
- Willingness to challenge the status quo.