The Merrill Lynch Investment Advisory Program (IAP) combines the advice and guidance of an Advisor with investment services backed by the research and insights of Merrill Lynch in a single solution designed to help clients pursue meaningful outcomes.
The Internal Investment Advisory Specialist provides advice and guidance to Financial Advisors, Client Associates and Advisory Leadership to help identify appropriate and suitable IAP (platforms/strategies) for the Firm’s clients.
- Advice and guidance is informed by our Chief Investment Office around portfolio construction, investment/manager selection, asset allocation and best practices for integrating our managed asset platform into various financial advisor business models
- The Internal Specialist shall handle inbound requests for assistance and will also conduct proactive outbound sales calls to the Firm's Financial Advisors to help drive sales growth in their respective assigned territories. Conversations will primarily be focused on implementation ideas, investment proposal generation and portfolio construction
- The Internal Specialist shall partner with external specialist, associate specialist and other LOB specialists to achieve business results for their assigned territory
- Internal Specialists are expected to record all of their relevant activities in Salesforce.com, a client relationship management tool, in order to provide the data necessary to manage activity from a metrics driven perspective
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines and meet clearly defined measurements
- Strong communication, interaction and presentation skills required
- Be flexible and adaptable
- Self-motivated, positive attitude and high energy are a must
- Must display a passion for achieving aggressive goals in innovative and highly professional ways
Preferred Education & Experience:
- 2 years sales experience
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 1 – 2 years’ experience in financial services industry preferred
- Series 7 and 63/65 or 66 preferred, or must be willing to obtain within 120 days of start date
- Knowledge of professionally managed investment products and/or wealth management business preferred
- Knowledge of all ML product websites, hypothetical/illustration tools, literature preferred
For more information, click here.