The economic environment is always changing—and Principal Funds builds investment strategies with an eye to what’s next.
Our investment teams offer you a small-company culture that's backed by the power and security of a best-in-class global asset management organization.
What you'll do:
The Head Model Portfolio Strategist will research and analyze different model portfolios that serve client needs and drive business growth. As part of the Portfolio team you will demonstrate expertise on the subject of model portfolios and improve that with their own proprietary research for market positioning. In this position you will build positive relationships with other investment research teams within the company, particularly our boutique to cultivate relationships that help shape and drive the overall model portfolio strategy for the company.
- Identify creative solutions for clients based on market insights, investment and product knowledge, and close collaboration with internal boutiques.
- You will have significant client-facing opportunities to promote Model Portfolio offerings.
- You will engage with clients across the wealth management field including all advisor-types (Wire-houses, RIAs, Independent Broker Dealers, Banks) in addition to various institutional clients.
- Provide technical investment expertise across various platforms and stay informed of current industry/market trends to effectively influence and collaborate with internal teams.
- Engage in client meetings to understand their needs and communicate solutions.
- Exemplify leadership characteristics vital for leading a successful team.
- Strong communications skills will be needed for external and internal presentations of in-depth portfolio construction.
You can share your investment expertise while providing informed perceptions to clients and prospects. This information will be generated through meaningful investment content on trends in the environment and the different implementation strategies for model portfolios.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, economics, business etc. with a minimum 15 years of investment experience.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a leadership role.
- CFA and/or MBA required.
- FINRA License Series 7 and Series 63 required.
- Proven experience and success within model portfolios.
- Knowledge of risk modelling techniques and strong display of portfolio construction expertise.
- Extensive knowledge of mutual Funds, ETFs, SMAs, CIT’s broker dealer products and services, including traditional and alternative strategies including markets, systems, financials, and operations.
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal.
- Confirmed relationship building, marketing, and business development skills.
- Ability to influence internal and external partners.
- Must have strong business insight with strong results-orientation.
- Must have ability to work on issues independently to execute critical initiatives.
- Available to travel 25% or more.
Principal is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
To express interest in the position please apply via the link below: