Established in 1997, MMI is the industry association representing financial services firms that provide financial advice and investment advisory solutions to investors. Through conferences, educational resources, and thought leadership, MMI facilitates peer-to-peer connections, fosters industry knowledge and professionalism, and supports the development of the next generation of industry leadership. MMI member firms are dedicated to helping individual and institutional investors, at every level of assets, plan for and fulfill their financial goals.
The Event and Programming Associate position is an opportunity to put your event management, project management, and communications skills to work in a dynamic environment. You will support MMI’s conference and event calendar as well as other types of programming, including webinars, white papers, and research projects. As a key member of MMI’s Event and Programming team, you will report directly to the SVP, Programming Officer and will interact with MMI’s management team, event stakeholders, peer associates, and MMI members.
- Assist with all aspects of event planning and execution
- Coordinate event logistics with venues, sponsors, exhibitors, and speakers
- Manage key event technology tools, including event mobile apps and speaker portals
- Update event agendas and maintain accurate records of sessions
- Coordinate webinar logistics
- Support development of programming content, including white papers and research projects
- Respond to member inquiries and support requests
- Positive, energetic attitude and high degree of personal initiative and accountability
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative, cross-departmental environment
- Outstanding organizational and project management skills
- Strong attention to detail and ability to multi-task in a deadline driven environment
- Tech-savvy and able to quickly learn new technology tools
- Ability to travel on a limited basis
Preferred Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum 1-2 years’ experience in event planning
- Marketing/communications background a plus
- Financial Services Industry experience preferred
- Skilled in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
Compensation & Benefits Package:
- Compensation package consists of a base salary plus bonus award
- Compensation commensurate with 1-2 years experience, skill set, and capabilities
- Full benefits package
- Paid vacation & holidays
It is the policy of the Money Management Institute to provide for and promote equal employment opportunity in employment compensation and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination based on age, race, creed, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, Veteran status, genetic predisposition, or carrier status.
For further inquiries on this position and to submit a resume, please contact Joan Lensing, SVP, Chief Marketing Officer at email@example.com.