DCI Partner Firm Specialist - West Coast
This role requires being the DCIO expert on Hartford Funds Investment Strategies and Product Capabilities, in addition to our value-added support programs.
- Develop a business plan to partner with record keepers, retail firms and aggregator home office resources to drive sales of Hartford Funds products at targeted partner firms and other centers of influence utilizing our robust resources
- Profile opportunities and establish strategies that will result in capturing DC assets in Hartford Funds products in retirement plans
- Work in coordination with relationship management team to execute on campaigns and strategic priorities within focused record keeper, BD firms, aggregator firms home office resources.
- Respond to inquiries and resolves problems of a complex nature with key internal and external stakeholders
- Stay current and up to date with market, economic and industry trends, as well as competitor products
- Maintain a detailed level of knowledge of Hartford Funds products and services and our positioning in partner firms’ platforms
- Manage time and travel budget to maximize sales opportunities
- Requires a balanced approach of activity level of in-person client engagement
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably business, economics, finance, sales or marketing (or equivalent on-the-job experience)
- 3-5 years financial sales experience in DCI or retirement marketplace preferred
- Extensive knowledge of the retirement plan market, and an existing network of record keepers, retail firms, and aggregator relationships on assigned focus list.
- Deep knowledge of the DC channel including plan design, regulatory matters, investments, ERISA, distribution, and recordkeeping.
- Proven track record of retirement resource utilization
- Excellent interpersonal, teamwork and relationship building skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to influence
- Excellent group presentation and financial sales skills
- Excellent organization skills
- Aptitude to creatively address complex issues and problems and provide guidance to retail sales team on a case-by-case basis
- Must be self-motivated and able to work effectively with minimal supervision
- Must have ability to travel overnight approximately 50% of time
- FINRA Series 7 and/or 63 required