Chief Operating Officer, Latin America and US Offshore
Reporting to the region’s Business Development Unit (BDU) Head, the Chief Operating Officer will have overall strategic and operational responsibility for all aspects of the business aside from direct sales management. The BDU’s chief operating officer will provide leadership to the region’s strategy planning processes and will implement new initiatives.
- Develop the region’s strategy and business plan, taking into account marketplace dynamics, competitor profiles and regulatory environment impacts while ensuring alignment with NIM’s corporate strategic vision and priorities
- Assess the viability of potential strategic partnerships, through local market due diligence, plan development, and target profile definition in collaboration with NIM Corporate Strategy
- Own the implementation of strategic business development initiatives, leading globally diverse project support teams to achieve deliverables against target timelines
- Develop and implement a system for tracking and reporting on the progress of the strategic plan implementations
- Provide effective and inspiring leadership by being actively involved in marketplaces and business functions, developing a broad and deep knowledge of the business.
- Conceptualize operational frameworks and business infrastructures to support businesses across the region, emphasizing operational efficiency to reconcile sophisticated regulatory and commercial requirements in the US and Latin American countries
- Establish productive relationships with support functions across NIM’s international and US organizations.
- Provide cross-organizational leadership and drive the successful collaboration among global teams to achieve BDU goals
- Lead all operational aspects of client support, including distribution agreements, trailer fee payments, and client onboarding operations
- Monitor and address with internal teams servicing issues that may put BDU client relationships at risk
- Lead all aspects of the preparation and analysis of the BDU’s sales and departmental budgets & forecasts.
- Monitor and manage effectively within budgets
- Minimum BS/BA degree with at least 15 years of experience in the asset management industry. Experience should be with a leading global asset manager distributing through multiple international business channels.
- Excellence in organizational management within a global context and the ability to influence
- Track record of effectively leading sophisticated project implementations with globally diverse teams, using strengths across varied functional areas
- Analytic and decisive decision maker; able to synthesize, prioritize and communicate concisely the key objectives and tactics vital to achieving organizational goals
- Experience in budgeting, fiscal management and business analysis
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator
- Willing to take action, entrepreneurial, flexible, with an innovative approach to operational management
- Passion, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed
- Fluency in Spanish a plus