The Merrill Lynch Investment Advisory Program (IAP) combines the advice and guidance of an Advisor with investment services backed by the research and insights of Merrill Lynch in a single solution designed to help clients pursue meaningful outcomes.
The Associate Investment Advisory Specialist provides advice and guidance to Financial Advisors, Client Associates and Advisory Leadership to help identify appropriate and suitable IAP (platforms/strategies) for the Firm’s clients.
- Advice and guidance is informed by our Chief Investment Office that revolves around portfolio construction, investment/manager selection, asset allocation and best practices for creating a practices centered on investment advisory business
- The Associate specialist is focused on proactively supporting the advisors in their respective markets to drive sales growth through in person, virtual and phone interactions. They should think independently, develop and execute strategies to achieve their growth goals for their respective territories
- The role requires one week of travel per month and the remainder of the month will be based in Hopewell, NJ
- The Associate Specialist shall partner with their coverage team potentially consisting of a field based partner, internal partner and other specialists with the Investment Solutions Group to collaborate and bring holistic advice and guidance to their advisors
- Associate Specialists are expected to record all of their relevant activities in Salesforce.com, a client relationship management tool, in order to provide the data necessary to manage activity from a metrics driven perspective
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines and meet clearly defined measurements
- Strong communication, interaction and presentation skills required
- Willing to travel on a monthly basis to meet with advisors in person
- Self-motivated, adaptive, positive attitude and high energy are a must
- Must display a passion for achieving aggressive goals in innovative and highly professional ways
Preferred Education & Experience:
- 5 years sales experience
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 5+ years’ experience in financial services industry preferred
- Series 7 and 63/65 or 66 required
- Knowledge of professionally managed investment products and/or investment advisory business preferred
For more information, click here.