2019 MMI/Barron’s Industry Awards: Nomination Guidelines and Frequently Asked Questions
Please take careful note of the following Nomination Guidelines – some of which are new for 2019.
- There are eleven award categories this year.
- Seven of the categories are open for nominations on behalf of any type of firm. Four of the categories are restricted to certain types of firms – e.g., Sponsor Firms, Asset Managers or Solutions Providers. Please observe the category guidelines when submitting nominations.
- MMI and the Industry Awards Steering Council reserve the right to place nominations in the proper category.
- There is a unique nomination form for each award category.
- Firms are encouraged to nominate other firms whose work they admire.
- Firms can also nominate themselves. However, a firm must submit only one official nomination on its own behalf in any award category.
- Multiple self-nominations received from the same firm in any award category will be disallowed – so it is important that a firm coordinate and submit one official self-nomination in any category.
- For each category in which a firm nominates itself, it must also submit a nomination for another firm in any category.
- If a PR/marketing firm submits a nomination on behalf of a client firm, the PR/marketing firm or the client firm must also submit a nomination for another firm in any category.
- Nominations must be submitted by emailing the appropriate and fully completed nomination forms to firstname.lastname@example.org. Incomplete forms will not be accepted.
- Nominations are due by 5:00pm ET on Friday, August 9.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What is the eligibility period for the nominations?
The Industry Awards are annual awards. As such, nominations should be for products, programs and initiatives initiated or significantly enhanced since October 2018 (the date of the last Industry Awards Dinner). The intent is to recognize substantially new initiatives – not minor enhancements to existing programs.
When is the deadline to submit nominations?
All nomination forms must be submitted by email to email@example.com by 5:00pm ET on Friday, August 9. At its sole discretion, MMI may elect to extend the nomination deadline.
How are nominations evaluated?
Nominations are reviewed and evaluated by the specially-appointed MMI Industry Awards Steering Council and by the MMI Membership Experience Committee (MEC). The Steering Council and MEC consist of representatives from all segments of the MMI membership. At their sole discretion, the Steering Council and MEC may enlist the support of outside subject matter experts to help review the nominations. The Steering Council and MEC will look for innovative, needle-moving programs and initiatives that measurably advance the investment advisory solutions industry and deliver improved outcomes for financial advisors and investors. After carefully reviewing the nominations submitted, the Steering Council and MEC will determine a slate of finalists in each award category. If appropriate, in certain “open” award categories, the Steering Council and MEC may elect to propose separate slates of finalists representing Asset Managers, Sponsor Firms, Solutions Providers, etc.
When will finalists be announced?
Finalists will be announced at www.MMInst.org the week of September 9*. Successful finalists will also be notified via email.
*Date subject to change
How are winners determined?
Award winners will be determined by a vote of primary contacts at each member firm. These individuals will receive an online ballot the week of September 9* to cast their votes among the finalists.
*Date subject to change
When will winners be announced?
Award winners will be announced during the gala 2019 MMI/Barron’s Industry Awards Dinner on Tuesday, October 15 at the Hyatt Regency Atlanta. The Dinner takes place during the 2019 MMI Annual Conference and is a fundraiser for MMI’s Gateway to Leadership Foundation, a 501c3 charity. For further information about the dinner, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (646) 868-8500.
What is Gateway to Leadership?
MMI’s Gateway to Leadership Foundation supports a variety of programs to foster career awareness and workforce readiness for aspiring minority students seeking entry-level employment opportunities in the financial services industry.
Who do I contact with questions on nominations or the awards process?
Email email@example.com or call us at (646) 868-8500.
Who do I contact with questions on the MMI/Barron’s Industry Awards Dinner or the 2019 MMI Annual Conference?
Information is available here. You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (646) 868-8500.
How do I purchase tickets for the MMI/Barron’s Industry Awards Dinner?
Tickets for the Industry Awards Dinner are available for $350 for an individual seat or $2,700 for a table of eight. The Dinner is a fundraiser for MMI’s Gateway to Leadership Foundation, a 501c3 charity. Accordingly, $175 of the individual seat fee and $1,300 of the table fee are tax deductible. To purchase tickets, email email@example.com or call us at (646) 868-8500.
Return to the nomination forms.