Since 1955, millions of investors in the United States and around the globe have relied on Federated Investors, Inc. (NYSE: FII) for world-class investment management. Federated has grown to become one of the nation's largest investment managers with $364 billion in assets under management.
Federated has honed its disciplined investment process over a half-century to deliver style-consistent investment products, including 123 domestic and international equity, fixed-income and money market funds, as well as a variety of separately managed accounts. Federated's diversified product line is distributed through more than 8,400 financial intermediaries and institutions who assist investors in meeting their unique objectives. For additional information about Federated Investors visit FederatedInvestors.com.
Career Opportunity #: 7118
Department: Fund Treasury
- Bachelor degree in accounting, finance or related business field, or Associate degree in business field (or equivalent) and 5 years of Federated experience; M.B.A. or C.P.A. preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of business experienced; 3 years of experience in the mutual fund industry preferred; prior experience and high level of proficiency working with fund accounting and finance related functions, such as, dividend and capital gain distributions, total returns, distribution and SEC yields, and valuation
- Knowledge of mutual funds required
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Analyze a variety of financial information for the mutual funds including dividend recommendations, capital gain calculations and recommendations, expense analysis, and performance information including NAVs, shadow NAVs, dividends, undistributed net income, yields, weighted average maturity, weighted average life and total returns. Summarize findings and make recommendations to management.
- Analyze dividend recommendations and prepare capital gain calculations for the funds.
- Review distribution amounts for the mutual funds that pay dividends and/or capital gains, incorporating any tax adjustments to ensure the funds meet their tax requirements. Summarize the findings in writing and make appropriate recommendations to management.
- Oversee procedures performed by the Funds’ accounting service providers with regard to fund mergers and conversion of fund assets and ensure the process is efficient and accurate.
- Review summary reports prepared by the Funds’ accounting service providers to ensure that procedures contracted for are being performed at contracted service levels.
- Review financial information included in the funds financial statements, prospectus, and statement of additional information.
- Prepare appropriate financial information reports for the Board of Directors’ meetings.
- Research and evaluate new security holdings for proper accounting treatment.
- Assist in the formulation, recommendation, and implementation of accounting and operational policies and procedures.
- Assist the Securities Valuation department, as needed, by acting as a back-up with monitoring the pricing of fund securities and derivatives.
- 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM (overtime as required)
- Federated Investors Tower – Pittsburgh, PA 15222
- Strong decision-making, problem solving and analytical skills with particular attention given to detail and accuracy.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrate flexibility and be able to work as part of a team
- Strong quantitative skills
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
Federated Investors, Inc. offers a competitive salary and benefits package along with a professional environment.
For consideration, please follow this link.
Only those candidates in whom we have an interest will be contacted.