The Program Manager manages the coordination and implementation of the program aspects of the Gateway to Leadership Foundation, including planning, organizing, executing and monitoring of all related activities. The Gateway to Leadership (GTL) Foundation is a 501c3 organization administered by the Money Management Institute (MMI).
The primary goal of GTL is to provide the financial services industry an opportunity to improve its workplace diversity by providing access to a talent pool of highly-motivated and educated future professionals. The Foundation is comprised of five different programs that first introduce minority college students to careers in financial services, then educate them about the industry, and ultimately connect them with job opportunities.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
The Program Manager performs a wide range of duties including the following:
- Execute the delivery of projects and activities in accordance with the Foundation’s mission and the goals of the program(s):
- Career Awareness
- Internship Recruiting and Selection
- Industry Education
- Internship Experience
- Full-time Entry-level Recruiting and Selection
- Develop new initiatives to support the strategic direction of the organization
- Manage to an annual budget and operating plan to support the program
- Work with Executive Director to support funding proposals for the program to ensure the continuous delivery of services
- Where applicable, engage volunteers for appropriate program activities and, if necessary, establish volunteer guidelines
- Communicate with funders and donors as needed
Monitor the program
- Develop documents and processes as needed to record program activities
- Develop documents and processes as needed to administer donations and other funding
- Communicate with MMI members, university students, program applicants and other stakeholders to gain support and solicit input to improve the program
- Liaise with other MMI functions to ensure effective and efficient program delivery (e.g., Marketing, Finance, Events)
- Monitor budget, expenses and variance for the Executive Director
- Ensure that all financial records for the program are current and accessible to the Finance Manager and Executive Director, and in accordance with any applicable funding agreements
- Identify and evaluate the risks associated with program activities and take appropriate action to control the risks
- University degree in Communications or any Business major
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Knowledge of project management
- Strong communication skills; both written and verbal
- Collaboration and teamwork
- Relationship management; client focus
- Basic budget / financial knowledge
- Strong organizational skills
Proficiency in the use of technology for:
- Microsoft Office applications
- Basic accounting
- Project management
- 2-4 years of experience in financial services industry
The position is located in MMI’s midtown Manhattan office in New York City. Approximately 20% travel and occasional additional working hours are required.
About the Money Management Institute (MMI): Since 1997 MMI has been the leading voice for the global financial services organizations that provide financial advice and professionally-managed investment advisory solutions to individual and institutional investors. Through industry advocacy, educational initiatives, regulatory affairs, data reporting, and professional networking, MMI supports and advances the growth of a diverse spectrum of investment advisory solutions that serve an evolving worldwide financial landscape. MMI member organizations are committed to the highest standards of fiduciary responsibility and ethical conduct and to creating the most successful outcomes for investors at every level of assets. For more information, visit www.MMInst.org.
To apply or to receive more information about the position, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.