About the Sales Data & Analytics Initiative
The MMI Sales Data Initiative is a direct response to member requests for accurate, frequent, and more actionable sales information about the retail managed solutions space. In late 2011, after a formal evaluation period spanning several months, MMI determined that a collaboration with Albridge Analytics1 would afford its members access to the most comprehensive data resources coupled with advanced reporting and analytical tools to help manage their advisory businesses.
Data available through the initiative includes asset levels, sales, and redemptions across the spectrum of fee-based advisory solutions as well as mutual funds and exchange-traded funds owned, purchased and sold outside of these fee-based advisory programs.
With transparency across broker-dealers down to the branch level by product and platform, this comprehensive data repository is delivered to Albridge Analytics subscribers through the Albridge Distribution Management System (DMS).
The relationship with Albridge Analytics also allows MMI to further strengthen the industry research that it delivers to member firms through its partnership with Dover Financial Research. The macro-level view of the advisory solutions industry that Dover provides–via the quarterly MMI Central and annual Industry Guide publications–will be complemented by the more granular data view provided by the Sales Data Initiative.
Principal Member Benefits of the MMI/Albridge Analytics Sales Data Initiative
- Ability to leverage key data and analytics to support decisions about sales management, resource allocation, and platform and product offerings
- More perceptive trend analysis and early identification of key drivers to growth for advisory solutions
- Ability to identify investment managers and products that are gaining or losing sales traction
- Ability for broker-dealers and investment managers to form deeper relationships based on access to detailed, actionable sales data and analytics
- Opportunity for firms to proactively manage risk profile through identification of concentrated exposures to specific platforms and products
For More Information
- View a video introduction to the Sales Data Initiative.
- Video Introduction to the Sales Data Initiative on Vimeo.
- Download a transcript of MMI Governors discussing the benefits of the Sales Data Initiative.
1 Albridge Analytics, a division of Albridge Solutions, Inc. Albridge Solutions, Inc. is an affiliate of Pershing LLC, member FINRA, NYSE, SIPC, a wholly owned subsidiary of The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation (BNY Mellon).