About Leadership Pathway
MMI Leadership Pathway is designed to recognize talented and motivated individuals in the next generation and engage them in MMI activities in which they will learn from industry experts and network with peers. The program’s goal is to develop the leadership and collaboration skills that will equip participants to assume increasing levels of responsibility and actively contribute to addressing critical industry issues and opportunities.
The program, which will run for two years starting in October of each year, will be limited to 25 participants per class, and each member firm is permitted to nominate one participant for consideration.
- MMI conferences, forums, and NetMeetings (registration discounts available for participants)
- Special breakout sessions and/or tracks at major conferences
- Committee involvement (e.g., GBWM, Education, Legal & Compliance, TechOps)
- Participants will be provided a mentor from MMI’s Leadership Advisory Council or Board of Governors
- Participants will mentor a Gateway to Leadership intern
- Further education and training through case studies, industry research, and special projects
- Networking events such as regional educational workshops
- Participants will serve as MMI ambassadors at their respective firms, disseminating MMI information and research to colleagues
Requirements for the Ideal Candidate
- Must have five to ten years of Investment Advisory or Wealth Management experience
- Must have a growing responsibility within his or her firm
- Must possess leadership qualities and track record of service within his or her firm or to industry or community organizations
- Must be willing to promote the growth and development of MMI
Apply Now to be in the 2017 Leadership Pathway Class!
MMI is now accepting applications for the next class of the two-year Leadership Pathway program.
The first two years of the Leadership Program have proven to be very successful. In particular, the current participants have benefited from increased professional and social interaction across the MMI community, first-hand exposure to thought leaders and senior executives, industry recognition for contributions made through the program, and introduction to a broad range of financial services firms and colleagues.
The program is limited to 25 participants per class, and each member firm is permitted to nominate one participant for consideration. Before applying, please confirm your candidacy with the primary MMI contact at your firm. If you are not sure who the primary MMI contact is at your firm, please contact Sarah Nau at (646) 868-8508.
Please email a copy of your resume, professional headshot, recommendation(s), and completed application to email@example.com by 5:00 PM ET on August 25, 2017 for early acceptance candidacy. The final application deadline is 5:00 PM ET on September 11, 2017. Those selected for the 2017 class should plan on attending the MMI Annual Conference taking place in Chicago on October 2-4, 2017 for the kickoff of the program.
Register for the 2017 Leadership Pathway Seminar in Philadelphia!
On September 6, 2017, MMI will pair industry veterans with the next generation of leaders to discuss the future of the investment advisory solutions industry. The seminar is planned by participants in MMI's Leadership Pathway program and it will cover the industry's hottest topics in a new and innovative light. You're invited to join the participants, many of whom will be speaking alongside industry leaders, for this highly interactive and engaging event.
Click here to review the second annual Leadership Pathway Seminar agenda and register for the event. This seminar is truly a one-of-a-kind experience -- a rare opportunity for the leaders of yesterday and today to connect with the leaders of tomorrow to discuss the future of the investment advisory solutions industry. Space is limited, so register now to secure your seat at the event.
The 2016 Leadership Pathway Class
The 2015 Leadership Pathway Class
MMI Vice President, Member Services